Thursday 12 December 2013

Daughter of Smoke and Bone

Since I'm pretty big on reading I thought I'd start adding book wrap ups and a little review/what I thought on each book I read.


I just finished Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor. I honestly went into this book blind. I knew it was a popular read. I follow book lovers on YouTube and have seen it pop up a lot. I didn't have a clue what it was about. I didn't read any reviews etc before hand.

I bought it because I saw it in Tesco for £1.95, which is a bargain for a book. It lay on my shelf for a while until I found myself in a bit of a reading rut. It's taken me a while to read it even though it's only 418 pages long. I'm tired easily due to pregnancy and fall asleep when reading. I did really enjoy this book though. I love all the characters in it.



The story follows 17 year old Karou, a blue haired girl who lives in Prague. She lives a double life. Goes to school and loves to draw in her sketch book. Creatures who are part animal, part human. But what her friends don't know is that the creatures are real. She grew up with them, not knowing who her real parents were, and she has special access to their world. A world of teeth, wishes and whole lot more. But her life is turned upside down when an angel seals all the doors to their world and she is left on her own.



This book is really worth a read. I also heard it's being made into a movie. It is part of a trilogy. I'm really looking forward to reading book 2 which is called Days of Blood and Starlight.


No comments:

Post a Comment