Monday 24 February 2014

Potty Training Success


I had planned on doing a whole big post on potty training and how I did it. A tips and tricks kind of thing. However, this little boy has pretty much potty trained himself. All I had to do was remind him a couple of times that if he needed a wee he was to use his potty. I honestly can't believe how quick and easy it was. I remember having trouble with Keira. She was 3 before we eventually got her off her nappies. Not through lack of trying and it was a completely strict rush job due to running out of time before nursery started. It just goes to show how different every child is.
It took Logan about a week in total to be completely nappy free. Even at bedtime! We have night time pull ups for him that I still put on him at bedtime just in case but they are totally dry every morning. He's even able to hold it in if we're out until we find a toilet. I'm completely amazed. For some reason I really expected it to be harder to potty train a boy.
He's not even using his potty anymore. He uses the big toilet and even stands at it like a big boy which makes my life so much easier when we are out. I had planned on going to buy one of those little toilet seats that fold up and come with a little bag for carrying around but I don't even need to do that.
As well as potty training he moved into his big boy bed in Keira's room. And he's done so well with that too. I'm so, so proud of him! Next job... get rid of the dummy!! I think this may be a harder one to tackle!

1 comment: