Wednesday 26 February 2014

Pregnancy Update

This will more than likely be my last pregnancy update before my daughter arrives. 
I had my growth scan and consultant appointment today at 11am. The scan went good. Macey is measuring two weeks ahead which is within the normal range. They said she's not a tiny baby but she's not as big as what Logan was. I was weighed as well and I still haven't gained anything which is great for my situation. I've actually lost .6 of a kg. 
After my scan I was taken in to speak to a midwife and then a consultant. I was in there for well over an hour. I told them of my fears for a normal delivery and going through labour again only to end up with an emergency c-section. I told them I wanted to just book in for a scheduled c-section. I was then given a huge list of all the negative things about my decision and everything that can go wrong. She asked me about 4 times what I wanted to do before she actually filled in the forms and booked me in for my section. She really made me feel like I've made the wrong decision. I can still change my mind if I want to. I just need to phone in before my c-section date and they can cancel it. It was the most horrible pressure I've ever been under in my life. If I go into labour by myself before my date I've agreed to try to give birth by myself. I really doubt that will happen as both my kids were late and I've had zero signs that labour is nearing. 
So, now instead of feeling at ease and relaxed about my situation I feel really bad. I just want it all to be over and done with now. They also asked if I wanted sterilised at the same time and I said no, but now I think I'm going to say yes. There is no way I will ever be doing this again. Besides the fact that a 3rd c-section would be really risky, I don't want to feel as scared as this ever again. Or put my children in this situation.

Anyways, on a positive note. I'm almost done with the baby shopping. I bought the moses basket yesterday and it arrived today. Not the one I had planned on but one just as cute! I don't have a picture of it yet. I haven't even taken it out of it's packaging because I've been down in the dumps. The only big thing I need to get now is the bouncy chair. I'll be ordering it next week. 
I also bought some cot sheets, 3 hooded towels, baby toiletries, more nappies and wipes, and flasks for holding boiled water. My mum and dad bought the frilly pants to go over nappies. =) I've started packing my hospital bag ready. But now that I know my date I can be a lot more prepared. I've only got a few things left to get for myself. It's mostly Macey's things I need to get sorted out. 


1 comment:

  1. Sending huge hugs & love <3 you do what you feel is best for little lady and yourself, As much as the woman put you under pressure you and that little lady of yours is what matters if you feel a planned section is best you go for that! Hope you feel at ease soon and enjoy the last bit of your pregnancy xx

    ReplyDelete