Wednesday 8 January 2014

Kid's Bedroom

I started working on Keira's bedroom a while back. I managed to get it painted but so far nothing else. Now that it's only 11 weeks until Macey is due I need to get a move on to get the room finished. Logan will be moving in beside Keira until we get a bigger house so the room needs to suit both a girl and a boy. So we decided to go with rainbow bright colours.
The walls are a bright yellow and we are buying a new carpet for the room that will be a dark cream/mocha colour.
This is my to buy list! I need to get all this stuff together over the next 5 or 6 weeks so I can move onto getting all of Macey's things in! I have a baby list to post too!

This is the furniture I'm planning on buying (hopefully next week). The will get a bedside unit each and I'll get one chest of drawers that will hold pyjamas. The TV will also sit on top of the drawers. I bought little storage boxes to fit in the space under the drawer in the bedside units. The drawer will hold underwear and the boxes will hold socks. They're from B&M bargains.



Next we're getting Logan's bed. I've hunted for a single bed frame that's not too girly and that has a foot as well as the head on the bed for ages with no luck. But I finally found this one in Tesco. I think it's perfect for a boy!


I'm also buying floating shelves for above their beds to hold their banks and keepsakes. I found these bright pink and green ones in Homebase which are perfect.



The next things are accessories from Ikea. We're going in a couple of weeks so I need to get my list together for going.

They are getting one of these each for holding soft toys.




Hooks so they can have one each at the end of their beds for their dressing gowns.


Storage bins that attach to the wall for inside the cupboard. I'm going to use these for holding Keira's tights. I'm also getting a couple for my coat cupboard to hold hats, gloves etc.


This is the light shade I'm going for. It was a choice between blue or yellow but I think the blue will be a nice contrast to the yellow walls.


Next I'm getting matching bedside lamps but I'm undecided as to whether to get them to side on the bedside units or get them that attach to the wall.



And finally, I am buying this rug to go in the middle of the floor between the two beds.



I'm going to be adding an extra hanging rail into the cupboard so that there's space for both their clothes to hang up. The huge top shelf will be used for bedding and blankets. The floor in the cupboard under the hanging rail will be a space for the kids towels and face clothes. The shelves in the cupboard as well as under their beds will be used for keeping toys.

I seriously can't wait to get it all finished! The kids are already excited about sharing a room. I doubt the excitement will last long though! Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment