Thursday 16 January 2014

Silence and Broken Silence


I went into these two books a little bit blind. I knew there was a dark background to them but I wasn't totally sure what it was. I read the first book in a day. I did enjoy it but it also made me feel uncomfortable. Not just with the fact that protagonist had some dark history involving her father but that she was 15 when the current story took place. I gave it 3 out of 5 stars on Goodreads. I may have given it 4 but I found a lot of mistakes in the text which was off putting.
I didn't enjoy the second book as much as the first. Broken Silence takes place 4 years later where we see the female protagonist return to England after fleeing to Australia with her mother and brother. It was very obvious what was going to happen through the entire book right down to the ending. I found myself skimming some parts over. I gave this one 2 stars out of 5.
If what I've said doesn't put you off these books and you have a Kindle, these books are currently free on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment