Wednesday 29 January 2014

Pregnancy Update...

I haven't done a proper pregnancy update in quite a while and since I'm nearing the end I thought I'd better do one now.

(one of the very few bump pictures I have this time around. 31 weeks and 3 days. To be honest, my belly has only really started sticking out like this in the past couple of weeks. It stays sticking out like this when I first get in bed for about 5 minutes then it disappears. Certainly does not feel like I'm almost 32 weeks)


I'm currently 31 weeks and 5 days along. Things are still going great. I've had no problems at all. I'm getting plenty of sleep at night. I remember at this stage with both Keira and Logan I was in pain at night. Especially trying to turn over in bed. I don't have much problem with it at all this time. I've only just recently started to feel out of breath. This week I started getting that pressure feeling in my lady parts. (TMI!!) I think it's called lightening. I've also only just recently started getting braxton hicks. Baby is a good mover. Always giving me loads of kicks/jabs and moving around. She still doesn't feel that very big to me. I'm due my scan in 4 weeks time to check on her size.

I had a glucose tolerance test a couple of weeks ago because of Logan's size when he was born. They wanted to make sure I didn't have gestational diabetes. I went into hospital for 9.15 am and had bloods done. I then had to drink a bottle of this really sugary drink within 10 minutes. It was like flat coke but even more sugary. It was so sugary that when I finished the drink you could see sugar crystals in the bottom of the cup! I was then left for two hours in a nice little room. I was on my own so it was great. I got to read my book in peace and quite! Haha! Then once the two hours were up I got more bloods done. The second lot of bloods make me a bit ill. I think because I hadn't been allowed to eat since 10pm the night before. I got so dizzy and my hearing disappeared, which happens when I'm going to faint. However, I managed to pull myself together. Then I was given a sandwich and a drink. My tests all came back clear. As I've said before all the boys in my family have been big. Dating back 80 years. My great uncle was a twin and was 15lbs at birth. Logan is third in line record holder! Hahaha. I'm also having my weight gain supervised too. I thought I had gained some weight but apparently I have gained nothing at all! My weight is exactly the same as it was at the start. Baby is still growing and getting bigger so that actually means that as baby is getting bigger I've been losing weight! The dietitian said I will notice it once I give birth. I should be a good bit down in weight. I'm really happy about this of course! I'm on the right track!

Now as the weeks are creeping in I'm definitely feeling the fear of giving birth. I'm not scared to give birth, I'm scared of what could happen. I get to see my midwife again in two weeks time so I'm going to have a proper discussion about my birth. I'm in two minds about asking for a c-section. I'm terrified of going through labour only to end up with a c-section that goes badly again. If I'd planned on more babies after Macey I'd have been more enthusiastic for a VBAC. But she is most definitely my last baby. I won't put my body under the stress of another birth when I'll have 3 beautiful children to look after. I feel like the weight of my fear is starting to bring on a bit of anxiety again. I do not want to go through that again either. So, some tough decisions ahead!

I still haven't bought anything else. I want to finish the kids' room first. I'm buying their new carpet and hopefully the mattress for Logan's bed next week. So, fingers crossed that after that I can do a huge baby haul. All the last bits and pieces and a major clothes shop!!

2 comments:

  1. Such a neat and cute bump <3

    Your pregnancy seem's to be flying in, really seems like it'll be no time at all before Macey is here. Fingers firmly crossed for you, that this time, you'll get a wonderful birthing experience <3

    Hearing your story about the glucose test, is worrying me lol.. I've to go for it at 28weeks. I was supposed to have one with Lacey-Beth, then when the day arrived, the midwife decided I no longer needed it... but because of how much weight I've gained, I need to have one this time round.. The sugary drink part is worrying haha.. I'm more afraid of with only having 10mins to drink it, that i'll end up throwing up lol.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yeah, it really is flying in! I keep thinking I have more time than I actually do!
      The glucose tests isn't all that bad. The bottle of drink isn't very nice but it's not that much to drink once you start. It comes in a few different flavours so you might get something other than cola! The bottle is roughly the same size as a can of coke. The midwife poured half into a cup for me and once I finished that she gave me the other half. If you don't like the taste you could always hold your nose when you're drinking. You shouldn't taste it that way! I'd make sure you take something with you like a book or magazine to pass the two hours too! x x x

      Delete