Sunday 13 October 2013

Chilli Pasta Bake

Seeing as it's Sunday again, it's recipe time!
I made this for the first time through the week and it went down well. I got the recipe for a tub of Philadelphia cheese a while back and just never got round to trying it until now. The only thing I will add is that it could have done with more sauce. I was guessing all the weights though because I left my kitchen scales at my mum's house! Oops! So, I suggest actually measuring properly! Haha!


You Will Need:
300g extra lean minced beef
1 large jar ready made chilli con carne sauce (I used a mild sauce but you can use medium or hot)
300g pasta (I used fusilli, but you can use penne, shells, etc)
100g Philadelphia light with garlic and herb
1 egg
150g low fat Greek natural yoghurt
40g cheddar cheese

How To:

  1. Pre heat your oven to gas mark 4 (or 180C). Heat a frying pan and then add the mince and cook until it's browned. Add the chilli sauce and then cook for 5 minutes on a reduced heat.
  2. Cook the pasta as normal and then drain. Mix the pasta with the mince and sauce and then pour into an oven proof dish.
  3. Whisk the Philadelphia, egg, yoghurt and half the cheese in a bowl. Spread it over the top of the pasta and then top with the remaining cheese. Put in the oven for 20 minutes and then serve.
This should serve 4 people.

I was really looking forward to trying this but cooking the mince put me off. I'm easily sickened anyways but being pregnant makes me 10 times worse! 

No comments:

Post a Comment