Saturday 5 October 2013

Kids Favourite Books

Like most children, my kids love books. Bedtime stories have been a big part of our bedtime routine from the start. These are a few of their most loved books.

Keira's favourites are - 

Meg & Mog stories
Dog Blue by Polly Dunbar
On My Own (I forgot to check who wrote it!)
Room on the Broom by Julia Donaldson
Sharing A Shell by Julia Donaldson
The Cat In The Hat by Dr Seuss (which I forgot to picture!)

These are the books she requests most at bedtime. There are a few others that she loves that are Disney stories. Like Alice In Wonderland and Pinocchio. She also enjoys classic fairy tales such as Rumpelstiltskin, The Little Red Hen, etc.


Logan's favourites are -

Backpack Adventure (A Toy Story book about Buzz going to school)
The Gruffalo by Julia Donaldson (Keira also loves this)
Buster's Zoo by Rod Campbell
Dear Zoo by  Rod Campbell 
Spot Says Goodnight by Eric Hill


I'd really recommend anything by Julia Donaldson. Her stories are fabulous and enjoyable for adults as well. If you're from Scotland or visiting you can buy Scottish versions of The Gruffalo. Which, I think, is a nice keepsake. I'm considering buying a copy for my children's book collection.
If your child is younger I'd really recommend anything by Rod Campbell. His books are classic. I can remember reading Dear Zoo when I was a child and I was over the moon when I found it after having Keira. Most of them are 'lift the flap' books and some even have different textures to help senses. 
I'm constantly looking for and buying new books for the kids. On my Christmas list I have some Disney Little Golden Books and more from the Dr Seuss collection. 






No comments:

Post a Comment